View My Stats

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A moment my child will never forget

My husband swears that I am wrong when I tell him I remember things that happened to me when I was very, very young that I did with my mom.  I do not want to argue with him so I let it go.  My mom died several years ago so I cling onto those memories and at the same time I find myself trying to create memories with my young child that they will never forget.  Today is one of those memory days-both for my child, for my husband and for me. I grew up in an area of the country where I never saw snow and now live in an area that was covered by almost a foot of snow today. From the moment they woke up this morning my child was begging to go outside and counting the moments. Our child's practical parents (one of which grew up in an area where it snows 9 months of the year) convinced our child to wait until after lunch which for them was the equalvent of Chinese Water torture but for us was the delay of the inevitable being cold and changing into clothes and drying and hanging up of clothes.  Finally after lunch we delayed the inevitable and walked outside with our puppy, our young child, our video camera, our camera and our recent acquisition of a sled that a wonderful friend of mine gave me yesterday with the mere request that my child would enjoy it.  I was honestly dreading the cold-although I now live in an area of the country where seasons are the norm my blood still has not realized that and I chill easily. My child though was like a child at Christmas who could not wait to get on the sled that my husband "McGuvered" (okay you children of the Eighties know what I mean) up so it had straps and a pull cord- (he was so proud). So dad and child went up the hill in the neighborhood and slid down the hill in the sled and I honestly do not know which one of them was more childlike-my young child or my husband. We had so much fun and daddy and our child even made snow angels and then we went inside and had hot chocolate.  So as I look around my kitchen several hours later and see wet coats, hats, gloves, shoes and scarves I look at everything as not an inconvenience but a memory that my child will tell their spouse someday that their spouse will doubt the accuracy but my child will never forget!

4 comments:

carlie said...

what a great day for y'all!!! i miss snow & seasons ;)

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

thedailymommynews.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff thanx :)