View My Stats

Thursday, January 28, 2010

You only have one....

Let me start by saying I love advice from my mom friends.  But I am so tired of hearing one statement which I heard today for the millionth time that infuriates me which is "you have it easy, you only have one."  Yes I only have one child who I would give my life for but I do not have it "easy."  Moms of mutiple children have different pressures than I do-yes. But moms of only children still have pressures. I am my child's sole playmate at home, entertainer, friend and confidant. Most days I love that but on days when I need to get some things done around the house it is not an option to tell my child to go play with their brother or sister. We desperately wanted more than one child but circumstances do not allow that to happen so we put all of our love into our one child who we were blessed and lucky to have.  I do not have it "easy"  I just have it different.  Please remember that the next time you talk to your mom friends who have only children.  Although you act jealous of how they have it "easy" until you walk in their shoes do not judge their lives.

No comments: