View My Stats

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mom What Are We Going to Do Today?

"Mom what are we going to do today?"   Those 8 words first thing in the morning before I have had my morning coffee.  I would love to say "I do not know" but to my young child that is not an option. So as I struggle to be the social director while I am still in bed and my young child has sweetly jumped into bed with me I think.  I am tired, worn out for the week but those emotions are the equalvent of saying "I do not know" so the fact that I am tired is not even worth verbalizing.  So I grab the tv remote and turn on the weather channel to see what Mother Nature has in store for my family.  It is going to be sunny but I have what I call a cold threshold where I do not enjoy being outside playing so I see if the temperature meets that threshold.  Sadly it does not. I cannot wait until Spring!  So as I have this cute pair of eyes looking at me still waiting to hear an answer to my question I come up with a bright idea.  I ask that cute pair of eyes what they would like to do today.  Very simply the answer is "mommy I just want to spend the day with you."  All of my social director anxiety went out the window and I again realize that it does not matter to my child what we are doing but that we are doing it together.  I look back at my childhood and I do not remember a lot about places I went.  What I do remember is being with my mom and I hope that my child's memories are the same someday also.  What are we going to do today-be a family.

No comments: