View My Stats

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stay at home moms do work!

Today I was asked by a woman when I was at the store with my child when was the last time I worked?  I looked and answered  several years ago which was when I was working full time before we decided to have children. Although I was angry at first I looked back to the days when I envied stay at home moms.  I had always relished the days when I could call in sick from work and stay home and always wondered what moms did all day. The next day when I returned to my job after being sick I fantasized about staying home one day. I thought about the luxuries of not having to punch a clock and deal with a boss.  Then life happened and I became a stay at home mom with a full time boss who does not give me lunch nreaks, reviews and I do not have a clock to punch because my clock is a 24 hour a day clock. I am a wife, mother, teacher of values, morals, the alphabet and numbers, a cook, a cleaner, an errand runner, a budget maker, party planner and the list goes on and on. I cannot remember when I had my last day off unlike when I worked full time and got a paid vacation.  But you know what, I would not trade my job for the world. I am shaping the future of my child through all of the jobs I do every day.  I get to see my child grow up and be there to experience it. I have the best job in the world-I am a mother!  So my answer to the woman today who asked me when the last time I worked was should have been I am working right now, every minute of the day in the most important job of the world-I am raising the future.

No comments: