View My Stats

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mommy Friendly Recipe Healthy Baked Chicken Caesar Salad Casserole!

Hi to my Daily Mommy News Friends!  I often love making salads for dinner and one of my favorite salads is Chicken Cesar salad but I very rarely have one because of the high fat content.  I designed the recipe below to be a healthy and easy version of Chicken Cesar salad that you can also bake on those cold winter days for a casserole. I tried this for the first time this week and my family loved it so I wanted to share it with you.  The moisture from the spinach leaves and mushrooms keeps the chicken breasts nice and moist.  Enjoy!

Ingredients
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Low fat Cesar Salad Dressing-I use Kraft low fat Cesar Vingarette
Fresh Spinach Leaves
Mushrooms
Garlic cloves or powder
Onion Seasoning or Onions I always used dried onions to taste
Garlic Salt
Pepper
Pam Cooking Spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a glass 13 x9 Pyrex with Pam.  Wash the spinach leaves and drain well.  Place the spinach leaves on the bottom of the pan for a bed for your chicken breasts. Cut the stems off of the mushrooms and scatter them in the pan.  Place the chicken breasts on top of the spinach and season the chicken and spinach with 2 garlic cloves or garlic powder, onion seasoning or cut onions, garlic salt and pepper.  Pour the Cesar Salad dressing over the chicken, spinach and mushrooms to well coat. Bake at 375 degrees for 50-55 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: