View My Stats

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mommy Family Recipe-Healthy Raspberry Cupcakes!

Hello to My Daily Mommy News Friends!
I hope that you all had a great Valentine’s Day!!! I definitely did.  My husband went out of his way to make me and my child feel very special.  As you all know Valentine’s Day comes with lots of sweets.  I definitely love sweets but I am always looking for a way to make a sweet treat healthy.  So I have this recipe for you for a healthier version of Raspberry Cupcakes that is also very easy.  Now that Valentine’s Day is over if you are still craving sweets but want to save some calories you can enjoy the recipe below.

Enjoy!

Raspberry Cupcakes

Ingredients
1 Box of White Cake Mix-any type is fine, I usually go for the moistest I can find
Applesauce
Seedless Raspberry Jelly-100 percent fruit is best if you can find it.  Trader Joe’s has an excellent Raspberry Jelly
Cocoa Powder
1 Can of White Whipped Frosting
Raspberry Extract
Pam Cooking Spray
Paper Muffin Cups
Muffin Baking Pan

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put muffin papers in a muffin baking pan and spray with Pam Cooking Spray for easy removal and cleanup.
Follow directions on box of White Cake mix. Where the directions on the cake mix box call for oil for the same measurement of oil instead of oil to save fat and calories and to be healthier substitute ½ Applesauce and ½ Raspberry Jelly.  For more flavor you could use more Jelly and less Applesauce.  At this point add as much Cocoa Powder as you would like for a light chocolate batter. You could substitute Chocolate Cake Mix instead of White Cake Mix but the White Cake Mix has a lighter taste. Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes-check them at 10 minutes so you do not overdo them and burn the Raspberry Jelly.
Completely cool the cupcakes and then for the frosting I use 1 can of White Whipped Frosting and add Raspberry extract to taste.

Thanks-let me know what you think of this recipe!

No comments: