View My Stats

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daily Mommy Family Recipe – Healthy Baked Citrus Almond Fish

 Daily Mommy Family Recipe – Healthy Baked Citrus Almond Fish

Hello to my Daily Mommy News friends!  In an effort to both stay healthy and not cook fish the same way over and over last night I got a little creative.  As moms I am sure you can relate to my nerves about cooking without a recipe but I created this on my own and it luckily turned out great!  My husband absolutely loved it and one of his first responses was “you have got to put this on your blog!”  So here you go.  You can really use this with any fish –tilapia, salmon or halibut would work great too but I just so happened to have catfish on hand so this recipe worked great.  The recipe is really a marinade and might also work well with chicken.

Ingredients

-Catfish or other fish filets
-Lime Juice-I use the bottled
-Lemon Juice-I use the bottled
-Orange Juice
-Olive Oil
-Garlic-fresh or garlic powder
-Dill
-Almonds (crushed)
-Pepper
-Any type of fish seasoning-I use and swear by “Chef Paul Prudhommes’ Seafood Magic Seasoning Blend” which you can find at any grocery store.  It comes in a white bottle and is very reasonable and we also use it to barbeque-my husband loves it.  I also use “Emeril’s All Natural Fish Rub.” which you can find at any grocery store.
-Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
-Pam Cooking Spray
 13 x 9 glass Pyrex Pan

Directions
 Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray Pam in a 13 X 9 glass Pyrex pan. In a small bowl combine 3 squirts of lime juice, 3 squirts of lemon juice and a splash of orange juice. Add 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, 2 cloves of garlic or about 1 ½ tsp of garlic powder, ½ tsp dill, 1/8 tsp pepper, ½ tsp fish seasoning and ½ tsp seasoning salt.  Add 3/4 cup crushed almonds.  Stir.  Using a knife spread the mixture on top of the fish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

No comments: