View My Stats

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mommy Friendly Recipe-Chicken Tortilla Soup!

Crock Pot Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup


This is my mommy friendly recipe of the day.  This is the best tortilla soup I have ever had and I have eaten tortilla soup in dozens of Mexican restaurants both in Mexico and in the United States.  It is easy too and healthy!  I received this recipe from one of my best mom friends and love it and so does my husband and child so I wanted to share it!

Prep Time: 10 Min 
Cook Time:8 Hrs 
Ready In:8 Hrs 30 Min


Original Recipe Yield 8 servings 
Ingredients

1 pound shredded, cooked chicken-(I used the already cooked bag of Foster Farms cut up chicken strips from Costco)
1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes-Mexican seasoned is best,
1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green Chile peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups water
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro

Directions

Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic into a Crock Pot slow cooker. Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.


Nutritional Information 

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 10.8g | Cholesterol: 46mg

1 comment:

Brandee said...

gonna have to try this recipe too!!!