View My Stats

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mommy Friendly Recipe-Year Round Barbequed Steak on the Stove!

Hi to my Daily Mommy News Friends!  I wanted to share the recipe below with you for steak which you can cook on the stove.  The recipe is great and very easy!  I love steak on the barbeque but that is difficult to do year around with the cold weather and rain.  We recently went out to dinner and ordered steak and unfortunately it has not been good at 2 different restaurants.  My husband planned to barbeque steak this past weekend but unfortunately our barbeque needs repaired so I used the recipe below which I have used about a dozen times and it has turned out great!  Many of my friends have asked me for it when my husband raves about how well I cook a steak on the stove (thanks to my husband for the compliment) so I wanted to share it with you.  I found the recipe online about a year ago on a steak enthusiast website and when I have used it my steaks have always turned out great!  I use New York Strip steaks and you can find 4 large New York Strip steaks at a reasonable price at Costco for much less than you would pay for a steak when you go out to a restaurant.  After our bad steak experiences at restaurants lately my husband says he will not have steak at another restaurant after I used the recipe below this past Sunday.

Enjoy!

Barbequed Steak on the Stove!

Ingredients
Olive Oil-I use Olive for the healthiness but vegetable oil would be fine too
Red Wine
Garlic
Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce
Garlic Salt
Your favorite steak-I use New York Strip Steaks but any Steak will do
Large deep non-stick skillet
Aluminum Foil

Directions
Marinate your steaks in Red Wine, Fresh Garlic or Garlic Powder and Worcestershire sauce for as long as possible. Bring your steaks to room temperature.  The cooking times given are for steaks about 1inch to 1 ¼ inches thick.
Heat your skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, and then add enough oil to cover the bottom of your pan to a depth about one-quarter of an inch. When the oil begins to smoke put your steaks in the pan about one-half inch apart.  Once they are in the pan let them cook until you can pick up the steak easily with a rubber spatula (about 3 minutes). An easy way to test is to see if the steak moves easily in the pan.  If they do not move easily wait a little longer. Then flip the steak and cook it 3 minutes more on the uncooked side. For medium rare steaks then turn the heat down to medium and flip them over to the seared side first.  Cook about 4 to 5 minutes and then flip the steak and cook 4 to 5 minutes on the other side.  Remove from the pan and place on a plate and cover with aluminum foil and let sit 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: